Have you ever wondered when you get to talk about the $$$ during your job search? This video has some great tips on when to talk and when to not.
• Most recruiters advise you to bring up salary during the second interview since the first interview is focused on getting to know you, what leadership skills you possess, and if you have the appropriate qualities for the job. The second interview is usually at the company and a more appropriate time to discuss salary.
• Questions to ask are: What does this position pay? Is salary negotiable? What does the total package include?
• Remember: it’s not just about the salary. It’s about the total package including benefits, retirement and savings, 401K plans, moving packages, and more.
• You should be interested in the salary, but it’s important to also convey that you are excited about the job that you will be doing.
• The company’s job offer may not always be the final word. Companies may be willing to negotiate the package that they are offering depending on how badly they want you to work there, your experience level, specific skills that you bring, etc.