Financial Crimes Specialist 2
West Des Moines, IA
Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Financial Solutions (CFS) team focuses on the growth and management of Wells Fargo's consumer credit card portfolio, including general purpose and co-brand cards. In addition, our team delivers industry-leading rewards, offers, and benefits that recognize and celebrate our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo and keep us focused on earning and re-earning more of their business. We also continue to explore innovative new solutions for helping consumers accomplish their financial goals. All of this is enabled by our strong teams in loan operations, project and systems delivery, customer excellence, strategy, analytics, and our partners in risk, marketing and finance.
Do you like helping people find solutions and solve their problems? Credit Card Fraud Operations is currently hiring for Bilingual and Non-bilingual Financial Crimes Specialist 2 positions within Fraud Prevention where you will work in a diverse environment where each person feels valued for individual traits, skills, and talents.
Exceptional monthly bonus potential, shift premium pay and language differential pay if bilingual Spanish/English. We offer a competitive salary and a great benefit package including tuition reimbursement!
The Financial Crimes Specialist 2 will primarily be handling inbound calls from internal and external customers to service matters related to debit or credit card fraud.
Specifically, the person in this position:
- Reviews, verifies, and/or identifies customer transactions to detect/ prevent financial crimes activities, policy violations, and suspicious situations in order to mitigate and/or recover losses
- Places outbound calls to the customers to confirm if activity is fraud
- Monitors moderate to complex account activity which requires research that may involve multiple transaction channels
- Uses a variety of sources for information, including online systems and tools/models
- May perform general account handling functions such as close account determination, holds, restraints, etc.
- Documents research findings and actions on cases for possible referrals for Suspicious Activity, Identity Theft Operations (ITO), and Suspected Financial Abuse
- May contact customers and/or vendors to validate transactions
- Prepares required documentation including Suspicious Activity Reports
- May identify control failures in bank processes, procedures, customer or team member decisions and then categorize losses and assign loss accountability
***Days of the week are flexible and may include weekend shift as business needs arise. Site operating hours are Monday-Saturday 7:00 AM-11:00 PM and Sunday 7:00 AM-11:00 PM ***
We are currently recruiting for multiple shifts!
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering, or criminal justice; or an AA/AS degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance or criminal justice
- 1+ year of customer service experience
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to research and correspond with customers, responding to their questions and concerns with detailed information
- Ability to research, analyze, and determine a course of action for financial transactions
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Customer service focus with the ability to balance needs of clients, shareholders, and team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of card industry fraud detection or chargebacks
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English.
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Call center experience
- Credit card fraud claims or prevention experience
- Fraud prevention experience
Visit wellsfargo.com/careers and search by Job ID# 5216360 to apply.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation. © 2016 Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. All rights reserved. Member FDIC.